She is different. I have not named her. She comes each morning to find grapes along the Wild Wall. The fox grapes were there, growing on a broken fence, mixed with a lot of invasive vines and such. The tree guy said, "I can clean all of that out for you..." But it is filled with life. I throw all the brush there, after storms, rotted wood, stuff too big for the compost. The grapes grow right over it come spring. She keeps it trimmed. She listens when I talk. She comes close. She is simply not bothered at all by my presence. She stands steady. I was shaking with excitement and didn't take the best photo.
I liked those crazy eyes from that little cloth I called A Strange Knowing. I added one to the cloth I call Grow. Suddenly I felt the need to clarify that. A Strange Growing, I can call it that now. I guess that makes it part of the Strange Series. This makes me more excited about continuing. This is a Forever Blanket. Already big enough to sleep under. I want to add something to it every day. At least a little something. New. I found another cone of Magic Thread in a scrap basket, I thought I was running out.
Nine things: ( A make-do Newsletter)
- I went back to coffee. Strangely, I think it is good for me.
- I am not sure how much I will be here on the blog this month. Gotta be here and there, doing this and that. Maybe just Instagram. As a note, what I post on Instagram, it is automatically shared on Facebook.
- Soul-o is really healthy and loving it here. He has become a bit chubby.
- The garden is mostly flowers and herbs at this point, the things that just grow, but there are cucumbers, tomatoes and eggplants a little late coming. Grapes, well, sort of.
- The teaching thing here is a bit on hold as I sort out some video making changes but I am rethinking the Forever Zone...
- The shop is sort of just a random thing for summer, announcements are mostly made on Instagram now. Really I am just dropping stuff in now and then.
- It's time to start stacking wood for the colder months, assuming there will be some. Wondering keeps me alert.
- Weaving is on my mind but that's about it at the moment.
- I'm thinking about "book" again. In my own way.